Bepress provides cutting-edge, Web-based solutions for the academic and scholarly community. We offer a number of services, including the world's leading hosted institutional repository—Digital Commons®. Our products are licensed by institutions around the world, including Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Oxford, the World Bank, and the IMF.
We are a successful, fast-growing Berkeley-based company with about 75 employees. We value a friendly, collaborative environment where technical and non-technical colleagues work together to create great software, serve our customers, and create the future of academic publishing and scholarly communications solutions. Read more about the bepress mission and story.
Software Engineer – Full Stack
We're looking to add great engineers to our project to expand and improve our SaaS platform.
We work in the academic space, helping faculty and other authors connect with their peers and community to share ideas and research. Check out our latest project Selected Works.
Skills & Requirements
We use GitHub, JIRA Agile, and Moqups as part of our daily workflow. We have a hybrid hosting model of bare metal and AWS. We utilize a continuous integration flow that includes tests, static analysis, and code reviews.
Mostly though, we want people who are intelligent, friendly, and good communicators.
All of the things we do comes from who we are. We are a small and dedicated company with diverse employees, too many advanced degrees, and a shared love of academia. We are privately held and profitable. Our supportive work environment translates into creative thinking, good listening skills, and personalized customer service.
Digital Commons is our workhorse and legacy product.
Let us know what you’ve done. Show us some code. Email
Associate Consultant, bepress Consulting Services
We are looking for an associate consultant to support the students, faculty and scholars who we serve with our online solutions.
- Collaborating with university faculty and librarians to launch new projects in their repositories, guide them in best practices, and troubleshoot unusual problems
- Training clients over phone and email to help them use and customize our templated systems
- Liaising with all teams at bepress to provide your clients with comprehensive, well-informed support for all their repository needs
- Providing general assistance to the bepress team as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, filing feature requests, product testing, HTML editing, and providing feedback to help streamline or expand our services as our growing business requires.
Required qualities and capabilities
- Bachelor's degree
- High attention to detail
- Basic HTML
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—primarily for phone and email interactions/trainings
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and independently
- Deep familiarity with MSOffice programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel) and the Internet
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to contribute beyond a narrow job description
- Humor and patience
Preferred qualities and capabilities
- 1-3 years' experience with similar responsibilities
- Basic CSS and XML
- Familiarity with converting MS Word documents to PDFs
- Familiarity with academic publishing, library sciences, and university culture are big pluses
- Start date ASAP
This is a full-time position with great benefits and a busy but casual atmosphere. If you have the above, we want to meet you right away. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to , c/o Jonathan Cadle.