Bepress provides cutting-edge, Web-based solutions for the academic and scholarly community. We offer a number of services, including the world's leading hosted institutional repository—Digital Commons®. Our products are licensed by institutions around the world, including Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Oxford, the World Bank, and the IMF.
We are a successful, fast-growing Berkeley-based company with about 60 employees. We value a friendly, collaborative environment where technical and non-technical colleagues work together to create great software, serve our customers, and create the future of academic publishing and scholarly communications solutions. Read more about the bepress mission and story.
Associate Consultant, bepress Consulting Services
We are looking for an associate consultant to support the students, faculty and scholars who we serve with our online solutions.
- Collaborating with university faculty and librarians to launch new projects in their repositories, guide them in best practices, and troubleshoot unusual problems
- Training clients over phone and email to help them use and customize our templated systems
- Liaising with all teams at bepress to provide your clients with comprehensive, well-informed support for all their repository needs
- Providing general assistance to the bepress team as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, filing feature requests, product testing, HTML editing, and providing feedback to help streamline or expand our services as our growing business requires.
Required qualities and capabilities
- Bachelor's degree
- High attention to detail
- Basic HTML
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—primarily for phone and email interactions/trainings
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and independently
- Deep familiarity with MSOffice programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel) and the Internet
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to contribute beyond a narrow job description
- Humor and patience
Preferred qualities and capabilities
- 1-3 years' experience with similar responsibilities
- Basic CSS and XML
- Familiarity with converting MS Word documents to PDFs
- Familiarity with academic publishing, library sciences, and university culture are big pluses
- Start date ASAP
This is a full-time position with great benefits and a busy but casual atmosphere. If you have the above, we want to meet you right away. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to , c/o Jonathan Cadle.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer with strong and well-rounded technical skills and a talent for building intuitive web applications. This is an opportunity to help create the next generation of our product line. We need somebody with a strong design sense, the technical skills to implement their vision, and the ability to execute quickly.
- Help define the information architecture of new products
- Develop high-performance, and scalable front-end code to realize complex visual designs and interactions while staying true to the creative vision
- Create design artifacts to support brisk, productive, cross-functional exploration
- Collaborate with product management, engineers, and other stakeholders to both align and execute on company and customer goals
- Collaborate closely with server-side engineers to develop highly-structured, modular approaches to creating websites and components promoting a consistent and unified user experience
- Maintain expertise in evolving UI technologies
- 3+ years front-end software development experience
- Deep knowledge of DOM, HTML5, CSS3 and other web standards
- Knowledge of web development frameworks such as Django or Template Toolkit
- Professional experience with Scrum
- Strong knowledge of visual design principles
- Bright, quick and structured thinker
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude with a good sense of humor
- Driven and direct
Reply with your resume to , c/o Robert Allen.
This is not an offsite/telecommute role and you must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.