Bepress provides cutting-edge, Web-based solutions for the academic and scholarly community. We offer a number of services, including the world's leading hosted institutional repository—Digital Commons®. Our products are licensed by institutions around the world, including Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Oxford, the World Bank, and the IMF.
We are a successful, fast-growing Berkeley-based company with about 60 employees. We value a friendly, collaborative environment where technical and non-technical colleagues work together to create great software, serve our customers, and create the future of academic publishing and scholarly communications solutions. Read more about the bepress mission and story.
Associate Consultant, bepress Consulting Services
We are looking for an associate consultant to support the students, faculty and scholars who we serve with our online solutions.
- Collaborating with university faculty and librarians to launch new projects in their repositories, guide them in best practices, and troubleshoot unusual problems
- Training clients over phone and email to help them use and customize our templated systems
- Liaising with all teams at bepress to provide your clients with comprehensive, well-informed support for all their repository needs
- Providing general assistance to the bepress team as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, filing feature requests, product testing, HTML editing, and providing feedback to help streamline or expand our services as our growing business requires.
Required qualities and capabilities
- Bachelor's degree
- High attention to detail
- Basic HTML
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—primarily for phone and email interactions/trainings
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and independently
- Deep familiarity with MSOffice programs (e.g., MS Word, Excel) and the Internet
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to contribute beyond a narrow job description
- Humor and patience
Preferred qualities and capabilities
- 1-3 years' experience with similar responsibilities
- Basic CSS and XML
- Familiarity with converting MS Word documents to PDFs
- Familiarity with academic publishing, library sciences, and university culture are big pluses
- Start date ASAP
This is a full-time position with great benefits and a busy but casual atmosphere. If you have the above, we want to meet you right away. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to , c/o Eli Windchy.
In this key new position you will assume a hands-on leadership role leading the effort to build the next generation of our platform. We are implementing an open, service-oriented architecture, introducing new technology, and fully embracing Scrum methodologies. This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious technical leader who will:
- Oversee, lead and guide a team of engineers through an agile software development lifecycle
- Mentor and motivate team members towards success in a results oriented organization
- Build and maintain a predictable and steady development cadence
- Help drive the architecture and best practices for product development
- Write innovative, high-quality software
- Foster innovation in our product, process and culture
- Work with stakeholders to define and execute on product strategy
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience leading a software development team
- Experience working in a Scrum environment
- Practical, architectural-level capabilities in web application engineering
- Strong knowledge of SQL and noSQL experience
- Knowledge of Solr
- Python expertise with Django a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Reply with your resume to , c/o Robert Allen.
This is not an offsite/telecommute role and you must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.