Is your campus doing everything it can to showcase its research and expertise? It’s easy to integrate your IR and profile pages with external sites. Here are six “hacks” that you can use to make your campus web pages shine.
1) Embed a gallery of faculty members. The embed feature in the Expert Gallery allows you to choose any group of faculty and showcase them on external pages.
2) Embed a readership map. There’s no better way to demonstrate the impact of your institution’s scholarship than with these dynamic maps that show global readership in real-time.
3) Embed a search bar. Make it easy for users to search the materials they need, whether it’s a specific series or the entire repository.
4) Link directly to journal articles. Many of the journals that are hosted in Digital Commons also have separate homepages. Integrate repository articles into the journal homepage with simple links.
5) Link to archival content. You can avoid duplicating your efforts by linking to content that’s already posted in your repository.
6) Showcase recent or most popular publications. RSS feeds, available on every collection, can be used to create an automatically updated list of publications.